Nanning East Railway Station
The constructions of Nanning East Railway Station were began on July. 25, 2012, and put into commercial service on Dec. 26, 2014. It is 6.5 miles (10.4 kilometers) from Nanning Railway Station, and 22 miles (36 kilometers) from Nanning Wuxu International Airport. It is constructed mainly for the operation of high speed trains, including those to/from Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, Guilin, and Liuzhou as well as Guangzhou. A few ordinary ones reaching Beijing and Shanghai are also available here.
Address: North side of North Fengling Road in Qingxiu District
Platforms: 7 (14 tracks)
4 ticket offices and 90 self service ticket machines are in operation there. Ticket office 2 on the first floor is the main one, in which one can buy tickets with valid certificates like a passport card. Ticket offices 3 and 4 on the second floor deal with barrier free ticket purchase, ticket change and refund.
The waiting hall has 4,200 seats in total and it doesn’t have a clear functional division. In the center area of the hall, there is a special area mainly for mothers and babies as well as the disabled, and an area for business ticket holders. Several reception desks are located inside the hall, in which the staff provide service for passengers.
1. Elevators: Stairs, elevators as well as escalators are all available inside the terminal. Passengers can choose which they prefer to go around.
2. Convenience stores: Stores are available on each floor. Passengers can easily get what they want near the exit, at the waiting hall as well as the ticket check point.
3. Luggage storage: Self service lockers are available near the exit and inside the waiting rooms.
How to get to / from the east railway station:
1. by bus: bus nos. 7, 17, 28, 29, 37, 56, 82, 83, 94, and 209. The bus stop is named Nanning East Railway Station North.
2. by taxi:
It takes 20 minutes and costs CNY35 from Nanning Railway Station.
It takes an hour and costs CNY110 from Nanning Wuxu International Airport.
3. by subway: Line 1 takes around 20 minutes and costs CNY6 from Nanhu Lake Metro Station.